Does your hair look like THIS in the morning???
( Blake swears she resembles this picture in the morning, I think she is WAY cuter!!! )
So Blake swears that her hair is not tamed until she pulls out the Kerastase Oleo Relax line… perfect for humidity, frizz and thick, coarse hair.
CRÈME OLÉO-RELAX SLIM
Volume Control, Intense Smoothing Crème for Thick, Dry, Rebellious Hair
Provides discipline to rebellious hair while delivering deep moisture and nourishment. Results are intense volume reduction. Moisturizes and provides hydrophobic protection with 24-hour anti-frizz protection. Smoothes and nourishes hair fiber from within creating optimal shine and softness.
Leave-In, Smoothing, Controlling Care for Dry, Rebellious Hair
Controls volume and provides smoothness, shine, and long-lasting frizz protection. Hair is left glossy and smooth.
1. HAT- Our #1 rule for summertime is to protect your hair color!!! Sun can dry hair out and turn color brassy or bleached out, so protect your investment. Don’t ruin that beautiful tone that your colorist spent all that time putting in!
2. KERASTASE HUILE CELESTE SPRAY- When a hat is just not the look you were going for, this spray is your summer go-to product. Nourishes, protects color, and leaves a sparkling shine. Looks ultra sleek in a slicked back super-shiny low bun.
3. WIDE TOOTH COMB- Brushing wet hair leads to breakage! Always rinse chlorine out and detangle gently with a wide tooth comb after coming out of the pool.
4. PONY TAIL HOLDERS- No rubber bands or metal clasps please! Another cause of breakage. The more breakage, the frizzier your hair looks… enough said.
5. OLEO-RELAX SERUM- Speaking of frizz… no one wants to look like Bob Ross. Kerastase Oleo- Relax anti frizz, anti-humidity serum is your answer.
6. SUNSCREEN- Dermalogica has a great all-in-one that we love! Pure Light SPF 30 illuminates, hydrates and protects. Gotta love a good multi-tasker.
Jill LOVES the Kerastase Volumactive Mousse for fine, thin hair. “It is the only volumizing product that has ever worked in my hair,” says Jill. Plus, she feels great about recommending Kerastase to her clients because the mousse has a strengthener in it as well, so your hair stays super healthy. Available at Salon 828 302.622.8288
Our new logo is finally done! Now onto the new website, business cards and menus
the “help japan bloom again” charity event
salon 828 was thrilled to team up with the fab amber shader photography ( www.ambershaderphotography.com ) to help the real charitable housewives of delaware put on a charity event at pizza by elizabeths benefitting the red cross. we had such a fun time styling everyone in the 50s housewife theme from the logo of the housewives. think flips, false eyelashes, big flower pins, wavy hair… we had a great time at the event held at pizza by elizabeth’s, watching the bids on our silent auction donation, which was a basket full ofkerastase products and some spa services at salon 828. great time for a good cause!
nikki working her 50s magic
blake “getting her curl on”
andrea applying “the flirty falsies”
our favorite diva made a celebrity appearance! and as always had us cracking us up discussing her blog www.divinesecretsofadomesticdiva.com
nikki and some of the real charitable housewives of delaware
holly, blake and the housewives
loving this look by nikki
i always love when the shopmamie girls come into the salon, but this time was extra fun since we were doing their hair for a photo shoot to unveil their new clothing line in philadelphia! megan was going for a victoria secret sexy loose waves look and amy had a bridget bardot style which really looked great on them. kerastase volumizing spray was used to give the girls the lift at the root, and the hair was curled in alternating directions to give that loose wave that is really popular right now. they are such dolls and i loved that they gifted me the cute tangerine necklace that i was really eyeing up on their website shopmamie.com!
during our transformations…
recently, a soldier called salon 828 from afghanistan to book a day of beauty for herself and a friend upon her return. they decided on facials, mani/pedis, highlights and hair cuts. we were so excited to see them relaxing, drinking champagne and enjoying themselves. we loved making the day extra special and pampering them for all that they do for us!
it feels great to help our heros unwind after fighting for our safety and freedom! these kind of situations always remind me of how much i love my career because of the way we make people feel